Friday, January 29, 2010

God’s Presence in Our Lives


David:
Cast me not away from thy presence, and take not thy holy Spirit from me. (Ps 51:13)


St. John:
I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me, because I live and you will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father and you are in me and I in you. (Jn 14:18-20)


St. Paul
and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the holy Spirit that has been given to us. (Rom 5:5)


Francois-Xavier Durrwell:
The Spirit is the intimacy between God and his creature, the divine touch which brings about union, the love at the root of Christian love (cf. Rom 5:5). He divinizes the believer and introduces him into the Trinitarian movement. "Holy Spirit of God An Essay in Biblical Theology"pg. 100

No comments:

Post a Comment